Cannot connect to mysql

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:39 PM
Dear All,

I am using Redmine 2.5
Try to use Redmine Reports 2.0.

But I cannot connect to mysql. It shows error
'Could not load file or Assembly 'Mysql.data, Version=6.8.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=... The system cannot find the file specified'

I check some same situation but it is not fixed.
Can anyone help to configure it?

Regards,
Quang
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Hi,

Did you download the assembly from http://downloads.mysql.com/archives/c-net/ (see documentation tab)? Make sure to actually choose the 6.8.3.0 assembly. Then copy it to the Redmine Reports folder - that should work.

-Jochen
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:02 PM
Dear JBartlau,

Thank for your information. I followed your instruction. Now the error is disappear.
But I receive different error. It shows 'Unable to connect to any of specified mysql host'

I have check situation, I can ssh to host. Goto phpmyadmin and see all information db name and account is correct.

Could advise me please?

Regards,
Quang
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:35 PM
Dear Quang,

Make sure your settings in the config section are correct. Click "Configuration" in the menu and check your settings there (database name, user name, server IP etc.). Does that help?

-Jochen
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:41 PM
JBartlau wrote:
Dear Quang,

Make sure your settings in the config section are correct. Click "Configuration" in the menu and check your settings there (database name, user name, server IP etc.). Does that help?

-Jochen
Dear JBartlau,

I check all paramters are correct. Could you help me to check if firewall has not blocked remote connection by port 3306? I am not sure about this.

Regards,
Quang
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:47 PM
Can't you just try to ping your URL and port?
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:49 PM
JBartlau,

I can ping to host, can ssh to host, telnet to host port 22 and 80 but I cannot telnet to host by port 3306

Regards,
Quang
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:55 PM
Sorry, I think you'll have to Google a bit then. This is one of the first hits I've found: http://serverfault.com/questions/586651/mysql-refuses-to-accept-remote-connections
Jul 27, 2015 at 2:19 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2015 at 2:20 PM