MySQL error

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Wow, this looks like an excellant tool!

I've configured it to connect to my Redmine MySQL database and when I start the tool i can see my top level Project in the dropdown box, but that's it, no subprojects.

If I then client Design I get this Unhandled Exception :-

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int32& insertedId)   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int32& insertedId)   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)   at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)   at combit.ListLabel17.DataProviders.DbCommandEnumeratorWrapper..ctor(DbCommandSetDataProvider commandSet, IDbCommand command, String tableName, Boolean supportGetParentRow)   at combit.ListLabel17.DataProviders.DbCommandWrapper.GetEnumerator()   at combit.ListLabel17.ListLabel.PassDataStructureFromRelationalDataSource(IDataProvider dataSource)   at combit.ListLabel17.ListLabel.DesignFromRelationalDataSource(IDataProvider dataSource, String designerTitle, LlProject projectType, String projectFile, Boolean showFileSelect)   at combit.ListLabel17.ListLabel.AutoDesign(String designerTitle, LlProject projectType, String projectFile, Boolean showFileSelect)   at combit.ListLabel17.ListLabel.Design(Object userData, IntPtr windowHandle, String designerTitle, LlProject projectType, String projectFile, Boolean showFileSelect)   at combit.ListLabel17.ListLabel.Design(String designerTitle, LlProject projectType, String projectFile, Boolean showFileSelect)   at combit.ListLabel17.ListLabel.Design(LlProject projectType, String projectFile)   at combit.RedmineReports.RedmineReportsForm.btnDesign_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful post. This actually led us to reproducing what some other users reported (see the issue section). Problem seems to be that you do not have any versions for the top level project configured.

Can you check to change the following setting in the app.config resp. RedmineReports.exe.config?

<setting name="UseAllProjects" serializeAs="String">
  <value>False</value>
</setting>

Try setting "value" to "True" here, this should offer all sub projects as well. If you do not have any versions configured here as well, you'd need to wait for the next release fixing this coming soon.

-John

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Edited Jan 19, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Hi John, 

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried as you suggested to set the UseAllProjects value to True and I still get the same error, but I'm not using any versions (yet) so as you indicate, I'll wait for the fix.

Also note though, even after setting UseAllProjects to True, I still only see my top level project and none of my sub-projects in the dropdown box.

Chris

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Hi Chris,

We've just released the latest build. It comes with a checkbox to do the setting. For me, it also shows the subprojects correctly now. If no versions are available, this shouldn't be a problem anymore. I'd appreciate if you could give it a quick test drive and post some feedback here as this has been bugging us since the initial release <g>. It seems Redmine is just too flexible to keep all possible configurations in mind.

Thanks again,

-John