Mapping of the variables

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Hi all,

I'm currently working on moving to RedMine/Mantis and I must admit that your reporting tool made me prefer Redmine for now.

However, I'm having some issues with it as I'm a total beginner. In fact, I was wondering how the mapping of the tool's variables to Redmine's variables is done.

For example, I can see some variables ChangeSet in the tool but I don't have it yet on RedMine and I want to learn how to manage the variables by myself.

I can see in the lst file that mapping is done here so I guess that List and Label has to be used to handle it but do you have any guide/advice for me?

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

Nicolas.
Developer
Mar 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Hi Nicolas,

the mapping of the variables is completly done within the code. As you can see in the "RedmineDataAccess.cs" we map the variables via sql commands or DataTables.

You just add a new provider to the collection with your information that you want:

cmd.CommandText = "YOUR SQL STATEMENT";
provider.AddCommand (cmd, "Tablename", "{0}", "?{0}");

The Variable names within the List & Label Designer is then the name of the column in the sql command.

The "ChangeSet" table is created within the code. We execute an sql command and make some calculations within the code. Then we return a DataTable which includes all information that you wanted. The DataTable is then added to the collection and is available in the designer.

Regards

Ben
Mar 8, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Hi Ben,

Thanks so much for your help. I'll try to do my own mapping then!

Regards,

Nicolas.