Date selection rather than number of days

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Hi,

Great project, finally proper reporting for Redmine but...

Am I missing a trick somewhere?

Redmine has a great list of relative periods to select from when generating reports.

This app only allows for defining of a number of days, meaning any regularly repeated reports need to be run on the same day of every month to allow comparision of apples and apples?

Is this something that can be added as a feature or is it already builtin?

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Hi,

Your feature request already has been logged here: http://redminereports.codeplex.com/workitem/15372 - we just haven't found the time to implement it. If you'd be willing to look into it by yourself you're welcome, otherwise we'll have to schedule a slot for it; we've been a bit busy implementing the latest L&L version into the project, but this might well be one of the next features to implement.

Cheers,

Jochen

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Hi Jochen,

If I could code as well as you guys, I would definitely contribute by adding it. And then I’d go on to improve Redmine by coding in the ability to pull summary reports for defined periods….

These things are urgent for the project in my view. Getting info out just seems to be so unpleasant.

Sorry for the double request. I forgot I had already posted that!

I note from your response that you’re having some problems with the plugins you use…I’m in a Redmine winterland not really being able to upgrade yet and desperately needing to! I hope it settles down soon.

Keep up the great work…

Regards

Gary

Sent: 16 November 2012 10:04
To: gary@barclayworks.com
Subject: Re: Date selection rather than number of days [redminereports:403462]

Hi,

Your feature request already has been logged here: http://redminereports.codeplex.com/workitem/15372 - we just haven't found the time to implement it. If you'd be willing to look into it by yourself you're welcome, otherwise we'll have to schedule a slot for it; we've been a bit busy implementing the latest L&L version into the project, but this might well be one of the next features to implement.

Cheers,

Jochen

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Gary,

No problem - we've just scheduled it for the next release. I need this feature for our statistics too, actually <g>. I hope we get it out of the door this year. Yes, we had a lot of hassle with keeping up to the latest Redmine Release - as nice as the plugin ecosystem is, if you rely on one that doesn't get updated you're really hosed. We had to resort to rewriting the most important one for us (the sidebar plugin that allows for quick assignments, status changes etc.) and - wohooo - are on the latest version now.

-Jochen