Stable 1.0.4

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Edited Apr 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM

First at all, awesome project for Redmine.

Well.

After enabled mysql to do not use socket (Bitmani Stack Redmine) and download the right connector (if I install the last version the app crash), I can connect to my database and see my projects/subproject.

The problem is the app always crash when I click on Design or Create Report.

Error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.
at System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex)
at System.Data.RBTree`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at combit.RedmineReports.RedmineDataAccessBase.GetRedmineHostName()
at combit.RedmineReports.RedmineReportsForm.InitDataSource()

.... 

 

As I saw in a previous post, I set the ratios to 0% per Issue (In the new redmain 1.3.2 is Issue Tracker).

 

Any clue what it is crashig?

 

Thank you very much

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM

After download the code and rebuilt it again, the problem is with:

public string GetRedmineHostName()
{
  DataTable dtHostName = GetDataTable("SELECT settings.value AS HostName FROM settings WHERE settings.name = 'host_name'");
 DataRow drHostName = dtHostName.Rows[0];  
  return drHostName["HostName"].ToString();

 

dtHostName is NULL :(  I understand in my database this settings.value is not there. Any clue?

 

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:04 PM

 

I changed the previous code to

public string GetRedmineHostName()
{
DataTable dtHostName = GetDataTable("SELECT settings.value AS HostName FROM settings WHERE settings.name = 'host_name'");
if (dtHostName.Rows.Count>0)
{
DataRow drHostName = dtHostName.Rows[0];
return drHostName["HostName"].ToString();
}
return "UnDefined";
}

 

But I have not a valid license for ListLabel17. Could you add this fix (hack) and rebuild it? Or tell me what is wrong in my Redmine Setting?

 

Regards 

 

Coordinator
Apr 3, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Hi Walter,

While I cannot reproduce this, it would be save (just for testing) to return the hardcoded host name string here (e.g. "http://redmine/"). This string is only used in the report to offer a direct link to the issue, i.e. worst case would be that this doesn't work for you. However, you might run into other trouble down the road. Just give it a try.

If you want to really fix this, you might want to check your settings table and see if it really has no "host_name" line - it should be there.

-John

Coordinator
Apr 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM

See my answer above - of course we could build a test version with this fix (we'll make this routine safer anyway for the next release then), however it would be nice to know what really is causing the trouble. You can easily download the trial version of List & Label from www.combit.net if you want to compile and see for yourself.

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Well.. I didn't read this answers but I added the host_name entry in the database as it wasn't there.

Now it is working :)

 

About the List & Label, I already downloaded the trial version, the problem is when I try to use the designed (the List & Label dll) return I am trying to use an PRO option and the designer close.

I have a question.. From where is coming the combit.ListLabel17.dll?  What about the license? It is safe to use Redmine Reported (legal requirements?

 

Thank you.

 

 

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2012 at 6:10 AM

The trial should just run fine as long as you remove any setters for the "LicensingInfo" property of the ListLabel component. You need to install the trial on the machine you're running RedmineReports on, however. Also, it will expire after 30 days.

As to the legal safety, I'm working for combit (actually I'm the project manager for the reporting component List & Label this project is using). Thus, you're safe from the licensing side, this is a showcase project for us which was developed for personal needs originally but proved so useful we decided to put it to the open source.

I'm wondering if there is anything we could fix as a result of this discussion. I'll make sure a missing host name will not crash the app anymore, however I really wonder why it wasn't there for you from the beginning - you're the first to report this behavior. Anyway, thanks very much for the hint, I hope this project is useful for you.

-John

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Hi John,

 I can tell you we installed Redmine 1.3.2-0 Linux 64 (Bitnami Stack) http://bitnami.org/stack/redmine. I don't know why the host_name is not there neither.

Anyway, I understand that is the only point where you extract the hostname from DDBB so, the fix I propose will return a "Unknow Host" so no more crasing.

 

Well, if you need any other test or anything, let me know it.

 

Regards,